- Support manufacturing by creating production schedules that reconcile production capacity with demand for fabricated components, following the factory’s master schedule.
- Perform analysis that supports defining the roadmap for production capacity increases/change.
- Work with manufacturing & support teams to establish & improve processes (e.g. production batch sizes, material transfer processes & controls) for just-in-time or line-side Kanban delivery.
- Respond to unanticipated changes—e.g. production shortfall vs. schedule or material shortages: provide information, impact assessment, and options to downstream shops, revise production shifts and or mix as needed.
- Generate and publish production performance metrics and forecasts showing risk to supply of fabricated components vs. demand.
- Communicating plans, plan revisions, and production vs. plan to all Manufacturing, support, and business stakeholders.
- Represent production in the sales and operational planning process for Tesla Energy.
- Assist in implementing systematic solutions to control inventory flow, minimize shortages.
- Collaborate with Supply chain and Engineering to coordinate Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) to plan for material and product end of life and minimize obsolescence.
- Complete other duties assigned by management as business needs shift or change.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, industrial engineering/operations research, supply chain management or another quantitative field preferred.
- Demonstrated high volume production planning experience in a manufacturing environment, ideally with 1 + years’ experience structuring and building analytical models.
- Evidence of exceptional abilities.
- Ability to spot process improvement opportunities and influence others to make change.
- Good organizational and project management skills. (role requires juggling long-term projects, daily tasks, and urgent questions)
- Ability to solve problems in fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to recognize opportunities for improvement in operations and reporting/information visibility.
- Proficiency in MS Excel required (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, etc.). More advanced excel modeling skills or willingness.
- Familiarity with specific reporting & visualization tools such as Tableau desired.
- Experience working in SAP or other ERP system preferred.
- Enthusiasm for Tesla & clean energy and a desire to change the world.
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.