Additive Manufacturing Technician
Tesla is seeking a highly motivated individual interested in acquiring, and expanding, the skill sets necessary to operate SLA/SLS/FDM 3D printing equipment in our rapidly growing Additive Manufacturing operations.
- Perform basic functions, with guidance, required to set up builds on various systems
- Perform all functions related to machine turnaround and preparation for SLS, SLA, and FDM
- Facility clean-up
- Stock parts and materials
- Passionate about rapid prototyping and 3D Printing
- Must be self-motivated and able to manage multiple parallel-path projects.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Well organized and strong verbal communication skills
- Flexible, ability to work in a fast pace constantly changing environment with long hours and tight deadlines, including week-ends and off-hours when required
- Independent and demonstrated an ability to deliver successful designs under tight timing constraints
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Verifiable experience in a 3D printing work environment
- Customer service / interaction experience
- GD&T and the ability to think in 3 dimensions
- Experience with CATIA, SolidWorks, Pro E, Rhino, or other CAD manipulation software
- 2 year degree or technical certification a plus
- Willingness to work overtime and/or weekends as required, with little to no advance notice, and sometimes for extended periods
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.