Audio Engineer, Infotainment
Tesla Motors is seeking an Audio Engineer for the infotainment team who has had 5+ years of design, test and release responsibility of Acoustics, Amplification and Signal Processing. This engineer should have a strong understanding of the design of speakers, amplifiers, and definition and specification of requirements for automotive audio products. This engineer will also be a technical and process mentor for other engineers in the team and the company. This engineer must thrive in a start-up company environment with great opportunities for growth and spectacular achievement.
• Responsible for speaker and audio amplifier products from inception to end of life
• Audio system and vehicle integration
• Work with suppliers on design and testing of audio products
• Work with cross functional teams within Tesla
• Testing of audio systems and components for Tesla vehicles
• Plan, execute, interpret, and document validation testing
• Component and system level troubleshooting
• Interpret and manage drawings and specifications
• Bachelors in Engineering, or proof of exceptional skills in related field, with minimum 5 years of experience developing audio products from scratch
• Have solid technical depth in audio products (acoustics and electronics)
• Be skilled working with cross functional team-members from multiple disciplines to reach fact-based decision
• Have Technical and Product Management skills to communicate and drive suppliers
• Strong problem solving skills and desire to work in fast paced environment
• Hands-on experience designing and debugging products
• Previous CAD exposure
• Have experience with environmental constraints (temp, humidity, and vibration), regulatory compliance and product debug (EMC/EMI, ESD, transients, etc).
• Have solid technical depth and breadth in analog and digital circuit analysis
• Be able to work closely with design, software, firmware, testing and manufacturing teams
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.