Autopilot Computer Vision Internship/Co-Op (Spring 2018) | Tesla
Autopilot Computer Vision Internship/Co-Op (Spring 2018)
Tesla's Mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
As a member of the Autopilot Vision team you will research, design, implement, optimize and deploy models and algorithms that advance the state of the art in autonomous driving. A strong candidate will ideally possess at least one strong expertise in the following areas, and at least a basic familiarity in others.
- Train machine learning and deep learning models on a computing cluster to perform visual recognition tasks, such as segmentation and detection.
- Develop state-of-the-art algorithms in one or all of the following areas: deep learning (convolutional neural networks), object detection/classification, tracking, intrinsic/extrinsic camera calibration, visual odometry, structure from motion, multi-sensor fusion, etc.
- Optimize deep neural networks and the associated preprocessing/postprocessing code to run efficiently on an embedded device.
- Integrate embedded code with the larger Tesla Autopilot development team to introduce nee features and capabilities to Tesla’s vehicles.
- Solid understanding of linear algebra, algorithms, machine learning, optimization, numerical methods.
- Excellent C/C++ coding, strong engineering practices, debugging/profiling skills, familiarity with multi-threaded programming.
- Experience with data science tools including Python scripting, numpy, scipy, matplotlib, scikit-learn, jupyter notebooks, bash scripting, Linux environment.
- Experience with at least one main stream deep learning frameworks, including TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe(2), MXNet.
- Experience with computer vision or robotics libraries (e.g., OpenCV, PCL, ROS).
- Experience with CUDA/OpenCL, OpenGL a plus.
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program such as Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- You must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands-on experience is a must.
- Professional and positive communication skills.
- Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus.
- Ability to relocate to Palo Alto, CA.
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.