Autopilot Internship (Spring 2018) | Tesla
Autopilot Internship (Spring 2018)
Tesla's Mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
As an Autopilot AI Scientist you will perform research and development to advance the state of the art in technologies enabling autonomous driving, research and develop algorithms for complex tasks like full scene understanding, scene prediction, planning and sequential decision making. Devise methods to use to enormous quantities of lightly labelled data in addition to a diverse set of richly labelled data.
Individuals in this role are expected to be experts in identified research areas such as computer vision, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and applied mathematics, particularly including areas such as supervised learning, graphical models, reinforcement learning, optimal control:
- Develop state-of-the-art algorithms in one or all of the following areas: full scene understanding, multi-modal data processing, learning for planning and decision making, etc.
- Implement them to run with real time performance in autonomous vehicle production environment.
- Creative ways to use complementary sensor data, and offline processing to create ground truth for training the algorithms.
Vast experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches. Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources.
- Excellent C/C++/python coding abilities with an attitude of fast iteration
- Experience with related computer vision & graphics libraries and other tools for visualization and debugging
- Familiarity with parallel programming languages such as CUDA, OpenCL
- Experience with sensors related to autonomous driving research such as cameras, radar, IMU, maps, LIDAR, ultrasonic, stereo camera, etc.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Caffe etc.
- Familiarity with Matlab or other quick prototyping tools
- Ph.D., Masters and/or Bachelors with significant experience in the above areas
· You must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment.
· Hands-on experience is a must.
· Professional and positive communication skills.
· Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus.
· Ability to relocate for duration of your internship
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.