Autopilot Software Engineering Internship (Spring 2018) | Tesla
Autopilot Software Engineering Internship (Spring 2018)
Tesla's Mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
You will help to ensure great quality of Tesla’s Autopilot software for current and next generation vehicle programs and working towards Tesla’s vision of fully autonomous vehicles. You will be contributing to the implementation of the software system that processes inputs from a variety of vehicle sensors, evaluates possible vehicle strategies/trajectories, and automate safe control of the vehicle.
· Strong C++ coding experience in a Linux platform.
· Demonstrate good understanding of software fundamentals including software design, algorithm development, data structures, code modularity, and maintainability.
· Familiarity with CAN protocol, Driver Assistance features, GPS/Navigation systems, or other automotive applications a plus.
· Experience developing embedded firmware in C for safety-critical applications in production environments.
· Assess the system for failure modes and design resilient and redundant mechanisms to protect against those failures.
· Experience in creating complex, highly distributed real-time embedded systems.
· Understanding of advanced driver assistance sensors such as radar, camera, ultrasonic, and lidar, including the measurement and data-reduction, target identification and environmental synthesis, and sensor fusion.
· Collaborate with the control systems, simulation and modeling teams to design control strategies that can be implemented in software efficiently.
· Currently working towards a BS, MS, or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program such as Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
· You must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment.
· Hands-on experience is a must.
· Professional and positive communication skills.
· Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus.
· Ability to relocate to Palo Alto, CA.
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.