Commercial Field Service Electrician
Do you have a passion for accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy? As a Commercial Field Service Electrician, you will report to the Field Manager and provide diagnostic, troubleshooting, preventive and corrective maintenance services to Tesla’s energy products including but not limited to:
- Commercial solar PV systems
- Batteries such as Power Packs and Mega Packs
- Electric vehicle Charging Stations
The Tesla Energy Field Energy Operations team is responsible for the ongoing success of Tesla Energy’s class leading fleet of energy products. As part of our team, you will be empowered to work across all of Tesla to solve problems and ensure the success of our Commercial Energy field service execution. Working cross-functionally with Field Service Technician and Electrician counterparts, Environment and Operations personnel, Health and Safety, and Field Service Leadership teams, you will leverage your hands-on knowledge and experience to ensure a positive customer experience and exceptional performance of Tesla’s Commercial products.
- Perform required preventive maintenance activities on commercial inverters to maintain warranty coverage.
- Respond to corrective maintenance cases on commercial solar PV, commercial energy storage systems, vehicle charging stations and updating online case logs accurately.
- Attend and demonstrate outstanding performance at multiple inverter training schools.
- Work closely with members of the Operations Engineering Systems Reliability team to respond to open case directions and provide data where requested.
- Report writing, where required, to comply with deliverables in commercial O&M contracts.
- Respond to customers’ concerns with the performance or functionality of their system.
- Ensure the vehicle, tooling, electronics, software, and company issued property are well-kept.
- Minimum a valid Journeyman Electrician card required to perform electrical work in the states where work will be performed.
- Understanding of the NEC codes that relate to solar PV installations, and knowledge of NFPA 70E practices.
- Proficiency in installing grid-tied inverters and ability to work with various ground and roof mount racking systems.
- Proficient working with spreadsheets, word processing, and computer-based applications (e.g. time tracking, case management, etc.).
Education and Experience
· Preferred industry experience in installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting solar PV systems, battery storage or electric vehicle charging stations.
· Must be able to work at great heights, must be able to work in extreme environments, must be able to perform prolonged periods of repetitious duties, and must be able to lift at least 50 pounds frequently.
As a full time Tesla employee you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
· Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
· 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
· Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
· Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
· 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
· Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
· Back-up childcare and employee discounts
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.