Communications Intern | Tesla
Tesla's Mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
The Communications Intern will help raise awareness of Tesla throughout Australia and New Zealand through the use of traditional and social media to engage with customers, prospective customers, fans and other stakeholders.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to support the Australia/New Zealand Communications Specialist in all Communications related tasks. The successful candidate is highly organised and confident and has ability to manage projects within set deadlines. Assisting in the administration and smooth operations of the Communications team will be key as well as on-going cooperation with other departments such as Marketing and Sales and a range of internal and external stakeholders.
This full time role requires the flexibility of being able to attend events and function out-of-hours when necessary. This opportunity offers the chance to gain Communication experience within a young, fast growing and high profile company and contribute to accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
· Assisting with production of media alerts, media lists, internal communications, social content, etc
· Monitoring media coverage and producing coverage reports, event recaps, etc
· Support Communications staff at events
· Work with the Communications team on social content creation across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
· Assist with media vehicle loans, planning, prep and handover process
· Assist with writing and designing the monthly internal Australia/New Zealand newsletter
· Maintain database of media contacts.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, PR, Journalism or equivalent required
· Experience in Communications and PR with a strong emphasis on writing is beneficial
· Credible and deadline-oriented writing skills
· Strong organisational skills
· Excellent written and spoken English
· Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work in an extremely fast-paced environment
· Valid driving license
· Must have an in depth understanding of Microsoft Office suite.
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.