Cost Accounting Internship | Tesla
Cost Accounting Internship
Tesla's Mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
At Tesla, we pride ourselves on the amazing and important mission we have as a company, namely to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. Delivering a first-class product means we need to get the best people to do the job and just get it done. As we are growing at ludicrous speed we have less resources than work, so you will have to push yourself. Therefore, the drive behind our growth are our people, because our goal is to be competitive and to be the best in all that we do.
The internship assignment
As an intern for our Cost Accounting Team you will contribute in supporting Tesla in the EMEA Region from a financial perspective. You will have the chance to work in a highly specialized, fast paced cross functional environment, where you can acquire various new skill set experiences. You will be performing and improving processes aimed at monitoring and analyzing standard costs, inventory write-offs and general cost adjustments. Furthermore you will carry out continuous supporting cost analysis for Tesla's EU supply chain activities, for example Freight, rework and PDI costs and other business units such as Tesla Energy.
· Practical experience in using process improvement methods
· Successfully implement suggested improvements
· Combine data from different sources to provide and present a meaningful analysis
· Pooling together analytical skills and connect them to on field business activities
· Obtaining an understanding of workflows and how they relate to financial movements
· Bsc, Msc or MBA in an Accounting, Finance or Business related study field
· Preferred prior Tableau experience
· Preferred experience with Microsoft AX dynamics or similar financial reporting package
· Analytical skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
· Capable of compromising and presenting raw data
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.