Data Engineer, Cell Engineering
As a member of the Cell Data Engineering team, you will build a diverse set of tools that power our battery cell development. Your work will help scale our efforts to drive down the price of battery cells and improve their performance. As an engineer on the Cell Data team, you bring top-notch software engineering skills and can contribute to our systems immediately. A strong candidate will either be an excellent software generalist, or a backend engineer who has an exceptionally strong database background.
- Design and implement backend services and tools that handle fleet data collection and batch processing
- Help construct machine learning infrastructure to help increase our learnings and experimental throughput
- Build systems to monitor and validate our battery reliability and performance tests to make sure that we are making decisions on quality experiment data
- Improve the robustness of our experimental pipeline from the time we receive cells, to test, to results
- Build tables with the optimum indices for fast querying. These tables will also be constrained to reduce the chance of bad data leaking into our system
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related area, with strong software engineering experience.
- Experience in building and maintaining databases
- Experience with Python
- Experience working in a Linux command line environment.
- Experience with and MATLAB is a plus
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.