Mechanical Design Engineer - Battery Module
- Develop the core technology of Tesla Motors, make design improvements to Model S and X vehicles, and push our technology further for the next generation vehicles.
- Use CAD to develop new concepts.
- Develop and fabricate functional prototypes and test methods to vet out new concepts.
- Collaborate closely with suppliers to develop parts.
- Complete design cycles from concepts to fully validated production designs.
- Demonstrated successful experience in mechanical engineering from concept through production release with a focus on DFM.
- A detail oriented personality with solid documentation and reporting skills.
- Proficient in CAD modeling, CATIA v5 experience a plus but not mandatory.
- Experience with various manufacturing processes such as plastic injection molding, metal stamping, thermoforming, welding/brazing, plating, heat treating, bonding, and direct machine shop skills a plus.
- Test experience, including knowledge of sensors, DACs, data collection and data analysis.
- New grad to 5 years mechanical engineering experience.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering. MS beneficial but not required.
- Experience with student formula vehicle competition beneficial.
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.