Digital Product Design Manager | Tesla
Digital Product Design Manager
Tesla's Mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
Digital Product Design Manager
Tesla's Digital Product Design Manager will be responsible for mentoring, guiding, and developing our team of digital UX designers, Visual/UI designers, and Artists across Web, Mobile Web, In-Store Digital, and Tesla App properties. As an adept team leader, you will be tasked with accurately assessing the capabilities and strengths of your team members, assisting in the establishment of standards for outstanding quality work, identifying individual and team-level goals, people management, and skills development to ensure a world-class Digital Design Team.
You will work with business-side stakeholders, product managers, engineers, and quality assurance to establish standards for team deliverables, define relevant milestones, work on high-touch design projects, and track progress of scoping and creation of design assets.
- Responsible for leading the overall design practice for Tesla Web, Mobile Web, In-Store Digital, and Tesla Owner App properties
- Create and assess a roadmap of projects and assign design resources & talent based on the match between the project needs and designer skillset
- Work cross-functionally with Tesla's Digital Product Management, Engineering, UX and Visual Design functions to ensure a cohesive development process
- Provide mentorship and professional development opportunities for direct reports.
- Plan and secure relevant training and professional development for the team.
- Engage external vendors when burst capacity in design talent is needed - engage with external community on our needs as well as daily management of the resources allocated.
- Change the world through beautiful, cohesive, and human-centric Product Design.
- Degree in art, design, or equivalent experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- 10+ years of relevant Digital Design Experience, with at least 4 years in a people management role
- Expert-level aptitude in UX/Interaction design along with experience in the following disciplines: research, visual/UI design, or front-end development
- Experience communicating with senior stakeholders for ongoing communication throughout design and development process
- Willingness and ability to work hands-on during high-touch design projects, in parallel to team management responsibilities
- Experience leading and mentoring Design Teams in high-performing, fast-paced organizations
- Outstanding skill level in analysis and organization
- An unequivocal team player, able to cohesively collaborate with all relevant stakeholders & teams
- Obsessive about delivering game-changing design and following through on difficult projects
- Able to balance the desire to move fast with the need to design excellence
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.