Engineering Technician - Electronic Systems
· Debug to component level.
· Provide engineering support.
· Design and build wiring harnesses to support electrical testing of components. Integrate various inputs based on schematics, wiring diagrams, test requirements, and engineering guidance into testable solutions.
· Perform repairs and modifications from engineering on electric vehicles.
· Utilize various test resources (Oscilloscopes, various analyzers, multi-meters, testers, etc.) in order to set up, run and monitor several series of electrical tests.
· Maintain stock of supplies to support a lean and streamlined development environment.
· Maintain and expand a clean, safe and organized working environment. Apply workplace organization concepts and methods to improve efficiency.
· BSEE or Associate degree in electronics preferred
· Proven ability to debug failures to component level
· Basic understanding of electrical and electronic circuits and components
· Experience in R&D electronics environment or electrical testing lab
· Experience working with high voltage products is a plus
· Knowledge of vehicle electrics and electronics
· Excellent Soldering and electronics fabrication skills.
· Mechanical fabrication skills.
· Strong sense of quality and craft in work.
· Skilled in using volt meters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, programmable power suppliers.
· Experience with network protocols is a plus: CAN, LIN, I2C, Ethernet, etc.
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.