As a Graphic Designer in Tesla’s Beijing office, you will be responsible for the design development of all visual brand communications. You will be part of the team that creates and executes world-class graphic design and branding.
your considerable design experience and innovative thinking, you
will be tasked with working with the team in creating designs for visual brand communications,
but may also be called upon for other design tasks (photography, illustration,
etc.) based on your skillset. Our design team prides itself on being
multitalented and flexible, and we look for the same in our potential
candidates. Although you will report to the manager for Content Creation, who
is located in the Design Studio in California, you will work closely with
marketing and sales partners in Beijing and the broader APAC region.
- Develop and design assets for events, communications, web, marketing, sales, products, and anything else that needs graphic design work to communicate Tesla’s visual style in a creative way. This can be anything from full-on campaigns from start-to-finish or unique one-off properties.
- Some project will require you to work with engineers, digital modelers, architects, and other professionals within the company.
- Participate in cross-functional strategy, timing, and process discussion as it pertains to brand communications.
- Work cross-functionally with designers of other disciplines
- Work with suppliers to achieve our design goals on any physical assets.
- Collaborate with the fabrication team to complete prototypes when necessary.
- Occasionally participate in design efforts outside of your area of expertise as necessity and as your own skillset dictates.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Graphic Design (or similar)
- At least three years experience as a graphic designer
- Must be able to show a portfolio of work that reflects creative thinking, broad range, and modern, minimalist taste.
- Beneficial to have in-depth technical knowledge of product development as it relates to graphic design (such as printing, web and mobile app development, etc)
- Excellent at creating and maintaining cross-functional working relationships.
- Exceptional visual and oral communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to manage multiple parallel-path projects.
- Demonstrated an ability to deliver successful designs under tight timing constraints and provide examples of such scenarios throughout career.
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.