As a Software Engineer you’ll take part in the design and development of software for the current and next generation of Tesla’s Enterprise Resource Planning systems. In this role, you’ll be developing highly complex applications with a team goal of streamlining business operations and improving overall user experience. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a strong desire to increase efficiencies, and make an impact while contributing to a cross-functional team. Your ability to creatively collaborate and execute team goals will affect scalabiliy and directly contribute to the company mission of accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
· Work with experienced engineers across many functional areas to deliver business value to internal and external stakeholders.
· Design and develop new modules on the home grown ERP application Warp which is used to plan, procure and produce cars.
· Develop scalable solutions using tools like Angular, C# .net, MySQL and other open stack frameworks.
· Know your app! Seek to understand all aspects, business and technical, of the applications on which you work so that you can be most effective.
· Contribute towards the timely completion of development tasks and small projects while applying company standards.
· Continually learn and apply relevant software development practices, patterns, tools and technologies.
· Increase efficiency, reduce waste wherever and whenever possible.
· 4+ years in web application development, including: Implementing Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), Object Oriented Programming and Design (OOP&D), Object Relational Mapping (ORM)
· Experience in backend development, using tools such as: C#, Java, Go, Ruby, etc.
· Relational databases, SQL, NoSQL
· Agile Development
· Distributed Source Control, using tools such as: Git
· Education: BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.