Sr. Security Engineer, Intrusion Detection
Sr. Security Engineer, Intrusion Detection
Tesla's Mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
We are looking for a highly motivated engineer specializing in security monitoring, incident response, or forensics to defend Tesla’s information, infrastructure and products.
Other car companies have talked for years about a future of "connected cars." At Tesla, we make it happen. We regularly send over-the-air software updates to our Model S and Model X fleet, seamlessly delivering new features and improvements to our customers. Our mobile applications allow customers to interact with their cars via real-time, low-latency two-way communication. We also build tools for our internal sales, delivery, and service teams. Today we remotely identify potential vehicle issues before a customer does—and often fix problems remotely too. To this end information and product security is of the utmost importance.
The Detection Team is responsible for detecting and responding to threats against our corporate, manufacturing and production environments. As a Detection Engineer, you will defend Tesla by helping to build and run a comprehensive threat detection program. You will improve logging coverage, build and tune log aggregation, analysis, and alerting systems, and detect threats at scale.
- Analyze the latest attacker techniques and develop approaches to detect them across the company's diverse environments and endpoints.
- Define, implement, and tune detective capabilities and data sources to detect and remediate malicious activity
- Work with engineering and operations teams to implement threat detection signals, deploy new tooling, and improve response capabilities.
- Analyze security data and report on threats and incidents across various platforms and environments.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Excellent understanding and experience in multiple security domains such as intrusion detection, incident response, malware analysis, and forensics.
- Experience detecting abuse and large-scale attacks in a diverse environment.
- Experience in cloud environments (AWS preferred) and Linux containers and orchestration systems (Kubernetes preferred)
- DevOps or security automation experience.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders such as engineering/operations teams, internal business units, external incident response teams, and law enforcement throughout the incident lifecycle.
- Familiarity with the following detection-related disciplines with deep experience in one or more:
- Large scale analysis of log data using tools such as Splunk or ELK.
- File system, memory, or live response on Windows, MacOS and/or Linux.
- Analysis of network traffic from intrusion detection systems and flow monitoring systems.
- Host level detection with tools such as auditd, SysMon
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.