Mechanical Design Engineer - Motors
Tesla is in need of mechanical engineers to design propulsion motors from concept to volume production. Come join the team working on the most important motors in the world.
- 3D CAD and 2D drawings for stators, rotors and assemblies
- Driving choices and
- winding technology
- magnet technology
- steel stamping and lamination joining
- electrical insulation systems
- thermal sensing
- Identifying and qualifying suppliers of raw materials, components, and assemblies
- Design validation and durability testing profile development and data analysis
- Carry designs through to high-volume production; DFM, cost reductions, and second sourcing
- Mentoring junior engineers and interns
The ideal candidate will have:
· Evidence of exceptional ability
· Taken motor designs from clean sheet to volume production
· Experience with multiple coil winding and termination technologies
· Experience with multiple magnet technologies
· Worked with an international supply chain
· Automotive design and validation experience
· Asked “why” throughout his or her career
Expected skills: GD&T, 3D CAD, 2D Drawings, DFMEA, PFMEA, structural and thermal FEA
Bonus skills: Catia, NVH analysis, electromagnetics design, specification writing, plastic injection molding, bolted joint design
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.