Mobile Equipment Maintenance Technician
The Mobile Equipment Maintenance Mechanic uses his/her knowledge in industrial mobile equipment to sustain production equipment processes. Maintenance Mechanics respond to breakdowns of industrial mobile equipment and make repairs as quickly as possible. They diagnose the root cause to machine breakdowns and perform preventative maintenance to optimize machinery uptime. This is a physically demanding job requiring walking and standing all day, as well as, bending, squatting, kneeling, climbing ladders and even lying on the ground intermittently throughout the day. In addition, the technician may wear a fall protection harness while working from heights or from a suspended position. Maintenance Mechanics will lift up to 50 lbs. and turn wrenches, screw drivers and other hand tools and power tools.
• Routine and preventative maintenance on industrial mobile equipment including forklifts, scissor lifts, tuggers, etc.
• Diagnose and perform repairs on industrial mobile equipment to minimize downtime
• Diagnosing and performing repairs of gas, LP, and diesel operated equipment.
• Diagnose and repair electric forklift, tuggers, electric pallet jacks, and flatbeds.
• Perform safety inspections on mobile equipment
• Maintain a safe shop work environment
• Effectively communicate equipment issues with Supervisor and team
• Adhering to all company policies and work rules
• Fabricate, build and assemble mobile equipment, fixtures, and prototypes in a shop environment
• Respond to repair requests and resolve any issues with damaged equipment
• Welding and preparing parts in accordance to drawings and cut lists
• Diagnose equipment failures - root cause and communicate required actions across relevant teams.
• Perform major dolly or rack equipment repairs, modifications and installations solely or under direct departmental supervision
• Paint finished assemblies to the highest quality and accordance with internal standards
• Understand the properties and be able to discuss any repair in terms of the materials and the most effective machining process to be used
• Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
• High level of safety consciousness
• Minimum 5 years of maintenance experience with the following equipment preferred:
• Having a working knowledge of hydraulics, electrical fuel systems and/or charging systems
• Welding and Metal Fabrication/machine shop experience
• Computer literacy and ability to move through troubleshooting software
• The Fleet Equipment Maintenance Technician uses his knowledge in mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic production systems to sustain production machinery processes.
• As an Equipment Mechanic, you will travel to customer locations, diagnose equipment problems, and make repair recommendations.
• This involves creating lists of parts required for repairs, and ensuring that the necessary parts are ordered in a timely manner.
• You will be responsible for only performing repairs specifically requested by the customers and ensuring that they understand the situation and are satisfied with the condition of their equipment. This is a physically demanding job requiring walking and standing all day, as well as, bending, squatting, kneeling, climbing ladders and even lying on the ground intermittently throughout the day.
• In addition, the technician may wear a fall protection harness while working from heights or from a suspended position.
• Maintenance techs will lift up to 50 lbs. and turn wrenches, screw drivers and other hand tools and power tools. This is for a night shift currently but please provide desired working hours. Shifts subject to change.
As a full time Tesla employee you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
• Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
• 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
• Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
• Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
• 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
• Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
• Back-up childcare and employee discounts
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.