Production Associate | Tesla
Tesla's Mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
Tesla is seeking to hire Production Associates for our new production facility, Gigafactory 2 in Buffalo, NY, which will produce Tesla’s Solar Roof Tile product. This position's primary responsibility will be to maintain and support manufacturing operations and networks at Tesla factory locations, primarily Gigafactory 2 in Buffalo.
This is an entry-level manufacturing job!
All duties require the wearing of a supplied uniform, hair net, safety glasses, surgical gloves, and protective shoes. Some areas will require additional PPE. The environment does not allow the use of makeup, lotions, hairspray, hair gel, perfume or cologne. Use of cell phones on the factory floor is prohibited. Candidates must be able to work extended periods on their feet, demonstrate multitasking skills, follow written and verbal instructions, and adhere to all safety requirements. This is precision, demanding work that requires constant focus, attention to detail and adherence to procedures. Excellent attendance and punctuality are an absolute requirement in these full-time, compressed work week schedules. All shifts require working either Saturday or Sunday and some holidays.
These positions will work a compressed work week. The compressed work week shifts and hours are as follows:.
- D1 shift – Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and every other Wednesday 7:00AM-7:30PM
- N1 shift – Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and every other Wednesday 7:00PM-7:30AM
- D2 shift – Every other Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 7:00AM-7:30PM
- N2 shift – Every other Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 7:00PM-7:30AM
Tesla offers competitive compensation, a full benefit package including health, vision & dental insurance, and attractive paid time off & holiday pay.
- Maintain a safe work environment, which includes housekeeping, labeling and proper disposal:
- 5S (Sort, Set In Order, Shine, Standardize and Sustain) the work area.
- Wear appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) as required.
- Follow all environmental, safety and health procedures. Reporting accidents and spills promptly and making recommendations to improve safe work practices.
- Follow applicable work rules for your area / your tool.
- Set up and operate production equipment, load and unload solar tiles and finished. modules, and occasionally assist troubleshooting tools.
- Set up lot (batch) starts and microscope inspections.
- Perform data entry and documentation of processing and shipment of lots.
- Use computers for automated processing of product.
- Push and pull a cart to deliver products to various work stations.
- Drive other projects as required or as business needs change.
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Ability to read and follow written procedures on a computer monitor.
- Basic math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing, and calculating averages/percentages.
- Basic personal computer and keyboarding skills for the accurate input of data.
- Ability to stand for 12 hours, walking to load and unload product, twisting, bending, stooping, leaning forward and reaching overhead to operate production equipment.
- Ability to use proper and safe lifting methods to pick up 30lbs.
- Ability to distinguish all colors such as red vs. green and see flashing alarms.
- Ability to hear machine alarms and to respond immediately.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and able to manage shifting priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to positively and effectively interact with internal and external customers.
- Regular, reliable and predictable performance required.
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal screen. Additional pre-employment driving and drug screens may be required based on job responsibilities.
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable transportation and electricity consumption by designing and manufacturing electric vehicles and energy storage systems. Based in California, Tesla employs more than 13,000 people across four continents, and manufactures cars at our factory in Fremont, California. We are currently constructing the Gigafactory–the world’s largest lithium ion battery factory–in Sparks, Nevada, and have begun production of Energy battery storage products.
Tesla currently produces two premium EVs–Model S and Model X–engineered from the ground up to be the world’s best car and SUV, respectively. Model S received Motor Trend’s prestigious 2013 Car of the Year, and achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA. The recently released Model X includes the first ever falcon wing doors, as well as Tesla’s award-winning electric all-wheel drive powertrain. Both vehicles come with free road trip access to more than 400 Tesla Supercharger stations—the world’s fastest EV charging technology. Model 3, our third generation EV, is currently under development.
Tesla produces the Powerwall, a residential battery pack, as well as commercial and utility-grade Powerpack storage systems designed to help reduce electricity costs, smooth consumption and create a more resilient electricity grid.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone; you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we’re trying to do too difficult.
Tesla is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.