Production Associate, Assembly (Fremont Factory) | Tesla
Production Associate, Assembly (Fremont Factory)
Tesla's Mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
The Production Associate has a hands-on role in the construction and assembly of Tesla’s world-class products. This position is responsible for performing standardized manufacturing processes, while continuously looking for ways to improve production quality and output. As a member of the Manufacturing Production Team, the Production Associate’s superior work and work ethic are crucial to the team’s success, and help ensure Tesla delivers on its mission of a sustainable energy future.
- Perform physical assembly operations, adhering to the standard processes and procedures of Tesla’s Production System
- Construct assemblies or physical systems at the required output and quality, using physical operations which can include repetitive pushing, pulling, gripping, twisting, reaching, etc.
- Detect abnormalities in the manufacturing process, and use root-cause analysis to identify and resolve issues
- Escalate functional and process failures to the appropriate support groups and leaders
- Share ideas on process design and tooling improvements to increase quality, reduce cost, and support the production work environment
- Ensure safety is always a priority by maintaining a safe work environment and following safety rules
- Demonstrate a genuine regard and respect for the well-being of teammates and co-workers
- Capability and interest in performing physical work which may require standing for extended periods of time and lifting objects of up to 30-50 pounds
- Ability to use a variety of powered tools and equipment which can be complex and may produce vibration
- Demonstrated success in quickly learning and adjusting to process changes and solving issues at work with urgency and diplomacy while maintaining a positive, can-do attitude
- Proven track record of working effectively in a dynamic team environment, including being punctual, professional, and reliable
- Excellent command of the English language (both verbal and written) and the ability to read and understand manufacturing work instructions
- Flexible availability to work any shift (Day, Swing, Graveyard, Weekends, Mandatory Overtime, etc.)
- High School Diploma or GED, or evidence of exceptional ability in skillsets which are transferrable to manufacturing production
- Preferred: Proven record of success in hands-on assembly, and the application of production systems, in any type of manufacturing environment
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.