Sr. Production Process Engineer, Pilot Line Cell Manufacturing
Tesla is seeking a highly motivated Production Process Engineer to contribute to the process development and management of new assembly lines for our advanced cell manufacturing equipment for our cutting-edge Tesla Energy Batteries.
The Battery is one of the most complex and challenging components designed and manufactured at Tesla. This is an exciting opportunity to build a world class manufacturing facility right here in the Bay Area. Tesla Motors is a demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work on a critical subsystem of incredibly exciting products.
The Production Process Engineer will also work with cross-functional teams throughout the entire lifecycle of the product and processes. He/She will work closely with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing), Quality and production teams to bring the new product from initial design, through prototype development and finally into full production.
- You will establish and develop the concept process, including estimated standard times and optimize headcount
- You will be responsible for process documentation and ensuring it is kept current like Manufacturing Instructions, Standard works documents, PFMEA, standard works and Control Plans
- You will be responsible to utilize SPC data and tools to characterize all equipment processes for operating limits, robustness, and action limits
- You will develop and enable data driven operational and financial decisions through predictive insights into tool and process performance, including integration of factory data systems and use of software such as MySQL, Python, R, JMP, Tableau and Ignition
- You will champion continuous improvement projects and standardization to support best in class lean manufacturing systems to maximize yield, capacity, and capability
- You will generate and execute business improvement ideas for cost reduction, labor savings, material flow and safety
- You will Develop and manage Poke Yoke setup and changes within Manufacturing Execution System (MES), line side visualization to improve productivity
- You will perform supporting activities for engineering and manufacturing including 5S and Lean manufacturing activities, material handling improvements, production line configuration, and safety procedures
- BS/MS engineering, mathematics, or physical science (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of experience as process engineer (process development/improvement, troubleshooting, data analysis, constraint analysis, flow optimization)
- Preferred knowledge of MySQL, Python, R, JMP, Minitab, Tableau and Ignition software
- Capable of identifying critical process parameters and applying statistics to process measurement and control.
- Proven understanding of BOMs, manufacturability, process design, process validation, assembly methods, design reviews and cost reduction methodologies.
- Preferred Data collection and analysis experience in a high volume automated manufacturing environment
- Experience with ergonomic process design, part variation control, and human factors effects on product
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.