Rendering Engineer, Software Infotainment
We are looking for a motivated real-time rendering engineer to help us advance the software infotainment system in our cars. We are aiming to build the world’s best in-car experience by taking full advantage of our 17-inch display, graphics hardware, and recent advances in features. The ideal candidate is self-driven and looks forward to solving challenging problems. In-car graphics relies heavily on rendering technologies like OpenGL. The ideal candidate is an expert with OpenGL/DirectX and can use it to create real-time rendering techniques such as deferred rendering, HDR, ambient-occlusion, particle systems for snow, rain, etc. We are looking for engineers that can write rendering engines like Unreal, not simply those engineers that use them as a black box.
- Write GLSL shaders to implement specific real-time rendering effects
- Design and implement real-time rendering techniques.
- Design, code, and debug software running on Linux-based development platforms.
- Diagnose and fix performance issues related to memory/disk footprint, frame rate, and network bandwidth.
- Work with a cross-functional team of hardware engineers, application/UI software engineers, QA/Validation, and designers.
- Proficient in C and C++.
- Proficient in OpenGL and OpenGL ES2.
- Experience writing and shipping real-time rendering techniques, like shadow maps, etc.
- Good understanding of the rendering pipeline, from the perspective of an engineer building a game rendering engine.
- High standards for code quality, maintainability, and performance.
- Experience with video game rendering architectures is a plus.
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.