Security Training & Compliance Specialist
The Security Training & Compliance Specialist will be responsible for planning, managing and leading Security related training programs to our various teams and stakeholders across the company. Candidates will be expected to build training modules, partner with internal and external partners, drive training initiatives and adhere to timelines.
Tesla’s operations on the vehicle side revolve around the customer experience from design to sale to delivery. Tesla’s energy operations are a complex mix of manufacturing, service, warehouse and corporate facilities that provide a variety of security related challenges and opportunities. This role reports to the Global Security Manager.
· Strategically plan, implement and track security training initiatives.
· Assess current training programs and make improvements based on our Global Security Training Standards.
· Record training metrics and draft insightful summary reports.
· Manage vendor relationships to ensure adequate performance and compliance as defined by Service Level Agreements.
· Coordinate with cross functional business partners to include Human Resources, Legal, Learning and Development, and lead security training initiatives in support of their strategies.
· Design, implement, and deliver high quality training and workshops customized to the training audience; maintain calendar of scheduled training.
· Develop and implement security leadership training initiatives.
· Assist in developing our internal Security Training Academy.
· Continually assess our organization’s training needs and provide innovative solutions to attend to those needs.
· Remain current on all updates and changes that can affect Security Training standards.
· 6+ years in physical security, risk management, loss prevention, emergency preparedness or law enforcement experience.
· 3+ years of experience leading teams in corporate security or emergency management.
· 3+ years providing Security and Safety related courses.
· Knowledge of adult learning principles, training concepts, and design highly preferred.
· Ability to use internal systems to track/report training certificates to ensure compliance of local laws and regulations highly preferred.
· Experience collaborating and partnering with internal and external stakeholders highly preferred.
· Experience in designing, implementing and tracking multiple Security related training and development programs highly preferred.
· Experience delivering training through multiple channels to include online learning, in person and multi-media formats highly preferred.
· Availability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
· Ability to work in an unstructured environment, and be self-motivating highly preferred.
· Must be willing to travel as required.
· Certificates to teach multiple courses, including any of the following – American Red Cross First Aid/CPR, Active Shooter Response, De-escalation/Verbal Judo Tactics, Critical Incident Response, Crisis Management preferred.
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.