Senior Corporate Counsel, Commercial
Tesla is looking for a talented Senior Counsel, Commercial to join our legal team in Palo Alto, CA. In this role, you will support business teams on a variety of commercial transactions and negotiations. The ideal candidate will demonstrate experience with supply agreements, license/technology agreements and other transactional documents. A background that incorporates a mixture of law firm and in-house experience is ideal. A strong background in all facets of commercial law and contract negotiation strategy is required, experience handling commercial contract disputes and an understanding of intellectual property law are strongly preferred. This role will focus on supporting automobile manufacturing, and is expected to develop strategic business relationships with both Tesla’s suppliers and its internal business leaders and stakeholders, lead contract negotiations, drive cost savings initiatives, implement strategic sourcing best practices, and provide legal advice and support on transactions supporting the day-to-day operations of the company.
· J.D. with excellent academic credentials.
· 6+ years handling commercial contracts, with a strong background in all facets of commercial law.
· Proven negotiation, drafting and analytical skills for various types of commercial contracts
· Experience with pre-litigation contractual disputes, managing business litigation, and dispute resolution.
· Skilled at providing various best practices and legal trainings to key business stakeholders.
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
· Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage multi-faceted projects in a fast-paced environment.
· Sound and practical business judgment.
· Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams.
· Proven track record of learning quickly, taking initiative, working proactively, being resourceful and taking on additional responsibility.
· In-house legal experience is a plus.
· Experience with commercial contract disputes and intellectual property law is preferred.
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.