Senior Network Support Engineer - Operations
Senior Network Support Engineer - Operations
Tesla's Mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
The Senior Network Support Engineer will act as the primary contact for network operations support issues and requests at Tesla data centers, offices, retail stores, and factories worldwide. This position will work with both internal customers or other IT staff to ensure tasks and incidents are responded to and addressed quickly and accurately.
The position will participate in a global “follow the sun” support model and participate in an on-call rotation to meet customer expectations and SLAs. The ideal candidate is customer focused and have worked in large scale globally distributed environments.
The support team will maintain internal tools and monitoring software, keeping them up to date with inventory and topologies. This includes Solarwinds, Airwave, Lighthouse, Netbrain, Panorama and others.
· Respond to day-to-day network support requests from both business customers and IT peers.
· Monitor incident queue and take ownership or distribute tasks/tickets to the team members. Ensure that customer communication is maintained and the issues are resolved successfully. Identify and document root causes of failure as appropriate.
· Areas of responsibility include switches, routers. stateful firewalls, wireless controllers and access points, SSL VPN’s, and any other device that provides network services.
· Follow proper change control procedures to document and process change requests for production-impacting changes. Ensure work is completed and CR’s are closed properly.
· Monitor network systems and create baselines as part of proactive approach to maintaining high level of service.
· Schedule and perform network maintenance and upgrade tasks as needed.
· Document system standards with written procedures, processes, diagrams and other technical documents.
· Proactively contribute to configuration automation and processes as they evolve
· Work closely with the Network build team and Retail IT team to provide build scripts and integrate newly deployed equipment into production network for monitoring and support.
· Participate in on call activities and follow escalation process to provide 24/7 network support.
· Have the technical capacity to mentor peers and act as escalation point for complex issues.
· Travel required as necessary.
· 8+ years’ experience in Enterprise Network Engineering is a must with advanced experience in:
· Troubleshooting protocols including TCP/IP, STP, VRRP, BGP, OSPF and IPSec
· Juniper, Palo Alto Networks, Aruba and Cisco wireless products
· VOIP, VPNs and security protocols
· Scripting and configuration automation using Python and Ansible
· Centralized device monitoring and management tools
· SD-WAN deployment and AWS
· Degree in IS/IT program or equivalent in relevant work experience
· Ability to effectively juggle and multi-tasking. Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and utilize troubleshooting skills, systems and tools, and creative problem solving abilities under pressure.
· Ability to work within a global team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with limited supervision.
· Certifications such as JNCIA or CCNA is required, JNCIP, JNCIE, CCNP or CCIE is preferred.
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.