Senior Policy Manager | Tesla
Senior Policy Manager
Tesla's Mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
Tesla is seeking a Senior Policy Associate to join the Policy and Business Development team. The assigned territory for this positon will be the Midwest United States. The Senior Policy Associate will be responsible for ensuring the regulatory framework in the mid-west supports electric vehicles, energy storage and solar energy. Qualified candidates should have interest in transportation fields with particular focus on electric vehicles, autonomous vehicles, solar energy, and energy storage. Successful candidates will be self-starters with strong written and oral communication skills, detail-oriented and well organized. Previous work experience with state government is highly preferred. Tesla's Policy and Business Development team supports the company's objectives by communicating with, engaging, and educating key stakeholders.
· Tracking and analyzing legislation and policy proposals
· Advocating on behalf of Tesla to 3rd party groups and elected officials
· Coalition outreach within the sustainable transportation and energy communities.
· BA in relevant field. MBA, MPP, JD or other advanced degree preferred. Or equivalent experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
· 7 years’ experience with state or federal government
· Knowledge of transportation and energy policy topics.
· Must have a proven track record for policy initiatives
· Professional and positive written and verbal communication skills.
· You must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment.
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.