Senior Power Electronics Product Engineer – Energy Products
Tesla is committed to having industry-leading uptime in our deployed fleet of grid storage batteries. We are using data collected from our connected systems to find problems before the customer does. The Tesla Energy Product team is looking to hire a power electronics product engineer to identify and root cause design, process, or firmware failures in our fleet of energy storage systems. We are striving to achieve product quality many multiples better than current industry standard for power electronics and person in this role would play a central role in achieving that.
This person will work with a cross-functional team of engineers to troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctioning power converters, digital control systems, heating and cooling systems inside Tesla’s energy storage products. They would then lead the effort to devise and deploy necessary corrective actions ranging from firmware changes, hardware design changes, manufacturing process or installation process changes, etc. to prevent failures from reoccurring.
- Troubleshoot and root cause product field failures of in-house developed DCAC, DCDC power converters – including but not limited to physical inspection and testing of failed units, reviewing data logs and correlating with product specifications to compare against expected behavior, reviewing manufacturing and installation processes for cause of failure.
- Develop and run data queries on fleet logs from thousands of units to correlate failures to physical environmental conditions, system state, install region and other relevant parameters
- Work with the engineering and manufacturing teams to drive design and manufacturing changes to improve product quality in both existing and future products
- Define data signatures that uniquely identify the failure and lead integration of this knowledge into algorithms to automatically identify similar other failures in the field
- Provide support on escalated customer cases in order to minimize system downtime, through day to day coverage of internationally distributed service cases
- or equivalent practical experience
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.