Senior UI Designer
Senior UI Designer
Tesla's Mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
The Tesla Design team is looking for an outstanding visual and UI designer for all our Vehicles and Mobile App. The Senior UI Designer will be responsible for researching, designing, innovating, and prototyping new user experiences that pave the way for the future of transportation in a way that has never been done before. Deliverables include design mockups, prototyping, production of visual assets, process design and development, and follow up for proper implementation. The candidate will collaborate with interaction designers, software engineers and project managers and be a key if not primary contributor and originator in their own right.
Candidates should possess exceptional design skills, a great sense of aesthetics, as well as user-centered design principals. The applicant must have an affinity for minimal design, typography, and attention to the smallest of details. A strong ability to distill complex problems into simple, elegant solutions is key to success at Tesla. We are a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial spirit, so the majority of the work will be focused on innovating original and creative content and application, as well as final deliverables and solutions that work in the real world.
You will be working on the most advanced vehicles in existence today and tomorrow.
- Apply knowledge of UI design to develop mock-ups, new interaction models, and navigation schemes
- Develop pixel perfect comps and assets for all projects
- Create and make decisions that implement a design language that is consistent throughout the Tesla UI platform (in-car, mobile, etc.)
- Strategically imagine, conceive of, manage, and drive UI design projects from concept to implementation
- Act as liaison to provide feedback and ensure design integrity of projects between interaction designers, software engineers, and project managers
- Analyze and interpret recommendations from other business groups in order to prioritize functions and develop a project roadmap with project managers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, UI/UX Design, Interaction Design, or evidence of exceptional ability
- An excellent portfolio showcasing UI and visual design work with a strong graphic design sensibility
- 5+ years’ work experience creating world-class experiences for web, mobile or devices
- Ability to communicate design concept ideas through sketches, prototypes and wireframes
- Must be proficient and highly skilled in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch and other design tools
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, high stress design process under minimal supervision
- Self-motivated, able to work independently but also collaborative and driven by group critique
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present work to executives and large groups
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3282 or send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.