Service Learning and Development Facilitator | Tesla
Service Learning and Development Facilitator
Tesla's Mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
The Tesla Service L&D Facilitator position requires someone with exceptional ability to assess needs, develop & deliver appropriate learning solutions, and build strong working relationships. Individuals must be creative, proactive, organized, flexible, results-oriented, and have a passion for and understanding of electric vehicles. Must have outstanding communication, facilitation, and organizational skills while demonstrating a positive and professional demeanor. The Tesla Service L&D Facilitator will take responsibility for ensuring their Service region is equipped to deliver the best ownership experience the world has ever seen for every Tesla owner.
- Partner with Regional Service Managers, Service Managers, and Service Coaches to identify learning and development needs within the region.
- Develop readiness targets for critical training that align with regional strategies.
- Develop Region and Center-specific learning plans to ensure regions meet both readiness targets and required learning & development hours for all employees.
- Develop and deliver Customer Experience learning solutions for service employees in assigned region
- Develop and deliver technical learning solutions equipping service employees to perform roles safely and to Tesla standards.
- Provide ongoing training and development support to ensure Service Motion mindset is applied and effectively utilized across assigned region.
- Provide service specific training to Tesla Motors’ Service staff on electric vehicles equipped with complex automotive/electromechanical systems (powertrain, passive restraint system, steering/suspension/brakes, thermal management). Provide specific & general training on high voltage DC systems.
- Serve as Tesla Academy liaison/dotted line leader for Service Coaches
- Partner with Service Coaches to validate skill and expertise of service employees.
- Develop and deliver both Service specific training courses for all Service Center staff in their region.
- Maintain expert knowledge of: methods, techniques, parts, tools, and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles.
- Develop training in close consultation with Service, FTS, and Service Engineering.
- Ensure that programs and processes are developed, assessed, communicated, and administered in compliance with Tesla’s objectives.
- Manage the operations of the regional training hub including, but not limited to: inventory vehicle maintenance, room setup, service center contacts, phone calls and scheduling.
- Degree or Certificate from a University program in Automotive Technology or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- Strong ability to collaborate and serve as consultant to regional leadership and staff.
- Experience as both a learning facilitator and technical training facilitator.
- Tesla Service Technician background preferred.
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex problem-solving activities and initiatives.
- Strong facilitation and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Strong automotive system repair knowledge and training experience.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Ability to be proactive, flexible, confident, professional, self-motivated and self-directed in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with environmental and safety requirements a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrated confidence and professionalism in working in a customer-facing role.
- Highly skilled with common workplace and database software (Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Attention to detail a must.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Valid Passport preferred
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.