Software Engineering Internship (Summer 2017) | Tesla
Software Engineering Internship (Summer 2017)
Tesla's Mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
You will develop and validate software for Tesla’s current and future Tesla vehicles and product programs. You will work within the development team to automate testing, implement new tests, and create innovative automated test systems. You will contribute to cross-functional system architecture, software system design, and rapid prototyping.
Your application to the Software Engineering Internship will be considered for all opportunities across Autopilot, Body Controls, Gateway, Charging Systems, Battery Management Systems, Motor Control, Tools Development, and Data teams in Palo Alto, CA.
· Proficiency in C/C++ and strong scripting skills in at least one common language (Python, Perl, Shell).
· Familiarity with National Instrument Testing Software (LabView, TestStand, VeriStand).
· Experience designing real-time embedded systems in C.
· Experience with CAN bus systems and associated tools.
· Familiarity with automotive ECUs, especially those in hybrid and electric powertrains.
· Experience with FPGA/CPLD device programming.
· Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and work efficiently with hardware design resources.
· Capable of hands-on bring up, debug and code optimization.
· Experience with DSPs, microcontrollers and realtime operating systems.
· Experience implementing real-time control strategies, especially PID based control development is a plus.
· Prior AUTOSAR or other automotive RTOS embedded programming experience is a plus.
· Currently working towards a BS, MS, or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program.
· You must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment.
· Hands-on experience is a must.
· Professional and positive communication skills.
· Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus.
· Ability to relocate to Palo Alto, CA
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable transportation and electricity consumption by designing and manufacturing electric vehicles and energy storage systems. Based in California, Tesla employs more than 13,000 people across four continents, and manufactures cars at our factory in Fremont, California. We are currently constructing the Gigafactory–the world’s largest lithium ion battery factory–in Sparks, Nevada, and have begun production of Energy battery storage products.
Tesla currently produces two premium EVs–Model S and Model X–engineered from the ground up to be the world’s best car and SUV, respectively. Model S received Motor Trend’s prestigious 2013 Car of the Year, and achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA. The recently released Model X includes the first ever falcon wing doors, as well as Tesla’s award-winning electric all-wheel drive powertrain. Both vehicles come with free road trip access to more than 400 Tesla Supercharger stations—the world’s fastest EV charging technology. Model 3, our third generation EV, is currently under development.
Tesla produces the Powerwall, a residential battery pack, as well as commercial and utility-grade Powerpack storage systems designed to help reduce electricity costs, smooth consumption and create a more resilient electricity grid.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone; you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we’re trying to do too difficult.
Tesla is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.