Product Engineer- Solar Roof Service Engineer
Tesla is growing our Solar Roof fleet, and we are looking for a Solar Roof Service Engineer to help us make this the most reliable product on the market. This service engineer will be focused on reporting of key fleet metrics, identifying unexpected trends in system performance, and leading root cause analysis on any system that performs below our expectations. This engineer will work closely with product design, system design, and field service teams to ensure we are providing an excellent experience for our customers.
- Develop new performance analysis tools that can assess the health of a system as soon as it is operational
- Analyze the top factors causing deviation from the expected output, and build an actionable pareto to drive improvements
- Lead failure analysis of any failures observed in the field, identify each root cause, and define corrective actions
- Provide support on escalated customer cases to expedite system recovery and minimize customer impacts
- Work with field service and technical support teams to create documentation and training to support field commissioning and service actions and ensure consistent and stable global service operations.
- Experience using Python or equivalent for data analysis
- Experience with battery, solar or inverter systems a plus but not required
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3960 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.