Inventory Analyst, Parts & Distribution | Tesla
Inventory Analyst, Parts & Distribution
Tesla's Mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
Tesla is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Inventory Analyst to support our Service Parts & Distribution Warehouses. The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical abilities, strong technical skills, passion for the business, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. This Individual will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and able to think big and be creative while paying careful attention to details. This position is based on our Parts Distribution Center location in Newark, CA.
- Develop standard tools, KPIs, performance metrics.
- Work closely with and provide guidance to the team in regards to data collection for driving analysis.
- Identifying data needs and driving data quality improvement projects. Supporting ad-hoc data analysis requests
- Through data analysis, maintain and drive for department and organizational goals and objectives.
- Identifies underperforming areas in Service organization’s supply chain and operations to improve cost efficiency and overall effectiveness.
- Project Management, through data analysis and demonstrate the value add of proposed solution through the use of industry standard project formats and definitions: Scope, Time, Money/Resources, ROI, Deliverable/Objective, etc.
- BS or higher degree (preferred) and/or equivalent experience
- Evidence of exception ability.
- A wide degree of creativity, latitude and toughness is expected.
- Strong analytic problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of data mining concepts and techniques.
- Experience and thorough knowledge of supply chain, warehouse and operations systems and processes
- 3+ years in Supply Chain, Operation, warehousing and/or Service experience (preferred)
- Ability to work with and develop supply chain and operations performance metrics (efficiency, quality, safety, throughput, costs)
- Advanced Excel skills required, SQL and Tableau experience highly preferred.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize accordingly despite change in scale, scope, or deadline of task in fast-paced environment.
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills.
- Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability for their success.
- Work efficiently and productively in independent and team settings
- Fluent with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access, Visio).
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.