Sr. Analyst, Parts & Distribution | Tesla
Sr. Analyst, Parts & Distribution
Tesla's Mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
Tesla is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Senior Analyst to support our Service Parts & Distribution Warehouses. The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical abilities, strong technical skills, passion for the business, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. This Individual will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and able to think big and be creative while paying careful attention to details. This position is based on our Parts Distribution Center location in Newark, CA.
- Develop standard tools, KPIs, performance metrics.
- Work closely with and provide guidance to the team in regards to data collection for driving analysis.
- Identifying data needs and driving data quality improvement projects. Supporting ad-hoc data analysis requests
- Through data analysis, maintain and drive for department and organizational goals and objectives.
- Identifies underperforming areas in Service organization’s supply chain and operations to improve cost efficiency and overall effectiveness.
- Project Management, through data analysis and demonstrate the value add of proposed solution through the use of industry standard project formats and definitions: Scope, Time, Money/Resources, ROI, Deliverable/Objective, etc.
- BS or higher degree (preferred) and/or equivalent experience
- Evidence of exception ability.
- A wide degree of creativity, latitude and toughness is expected.
- Strong analytic problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of data mining concepts and techniques.
- Experience and thorough knowledge of supply chain, warehouse and operations systems and processes
- 3+ years in Supply Chain, Operation, warehousing and/or Service experience (preferred)
- Ability to work with and develop supply chain and operations performance metrics (efficiency, quality, safety, throughput, costs)
- Advanced Excel skills required, SQL and Tableau experience highly preferred.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize accordingly despite change in scale, scope, or deadline of task in fast-paced environment.
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills.
- Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability for their success.
- Work efficiently and productively in independent and team settings
- Fluent with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access, Visio).
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable transportation and electricity consumption by designing and manufacturing electric vehicles and energy storage systems. Based in California, Tesla employs more than 13,000 people across four continents, and manufactures cars at our factory in Fremont, California. We are currently constructing the Gigafactory–the world’s largest lithium ion battery factory–in Sparks, Nevada, and have begun production of Energy battery storage products.
Tesla currently produces two premium EVs–Model S and Model X–engineered from the ground up to be the world’s best car and SUV, respectively. Model S received Motor Trend’s prestigious 2013 Car of the Year, and achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA. The recently released Model X includes the first ever falcon wing doors, as well as Tesla’s award-winning electric all-wheel drive powertrain. Both vehicles come with free road trip access to more than 400 Tesla Supercharger stations—the world’s fastest EV charging technology. Model 3, our third generation EV, is currently under development.
Tesla produces the Powerwall, a residential battery pack, as well as commercial and utility-grade Powerpack storage systems designed to help reduce electricity costs, smooth consumption and create a more resilient electricity grid.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone; you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we’re trying to do too difficult.
Tesla is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.