Firmware Engineer - High Voltage team
Firmware Engineer - High Voltage team
Tesla's Mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
As a senior firmware design engineer on the firmware development team, you will be responsible for delivering high quality embedded code running on the processors at the heart of Tesla powertrains, vehicles and energy storage systems. Come join a team of deeply knowledgeable engineers that strive to build the most robust and reliable embedded systems using cutting edge software development tools and practices. You will solve some of the most ambiguous and challenging problems in the embedded software space and change the way the world produces electric vehicles and delivers energy. We are currently hiring Senior Software Engineers (Firmware Engineers) and Staff / Lead Firmware engineers for our Battery Management Systems team, On-Board and Off-Board Charging teams and Gateway team.
• Deliver high-quality C code in a real-time embedded environment.
• Specify, design, and implement functionality and behaviors of embedded subsystems.
• Design the software architecture and firmware implementation on hardware through integration, test and high volume manufacturing.
• Hands-on hardware bringup, system debugging and code optimization.
• Make performance and optimization trade-offs to meet product requirements.
• Experience in embedded development in robotics, real-time controls, or system software with at least 3 years of professional working experience in these areas.
• Expertise in C, familiarity with MISRA C a plus.
• Fluent in software fundamentals including software design and maintainability.
• Experience with embedded microprocessor tools.
• Controls software and algorithm development.
• Multithreaded / Multithreading experience.
• Test driven development and familiarity with developer driven automated testing.
• Ability to collaborate and communicate complex technical concepts.
• Understanding of physics and basic principles is highly preferred.
• RTOS experience as well as HW fundamentals preferred.
• Experience with C2000 real-time microcontrollers, TI DSPs or NXP microcontrollers is preferred.
• Linux kernel / platform SW experience is helpful.
• BS, MS or PhD in EE/CE/CS, or the equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability.
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 510-602-3282 or send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.