Staff Firmware Engineer - Battery Management Systems & Charging teams | Tesla
Staff Firmware Engineer - Battery Management Systems & Charging teams
Tesla's Mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
As a member of the firmware development team, you will be responsible for delivering high quality embedded code running on the processors at the heart of Tesla powertrains, vehicles and energy storage systems. Come join a team of deeply knowledgeable engineers that strive to build the most robust and reliable embedded systems using cutting edge software development tools and practices. You will solve some of the most ambiguous and challenging problems in the embedded software space and change the way the world produces electric vehicles and delivers energy. At Tesla you’ll have the ability to take a lofty goal such as ‘the vehicle will park itself’ into an everyday reality. We are currently hiring new grads, Sr. Engineers and Staff / Lead FW engineers for our Battery Management Systems team, On-Board and Off-Board Charging teams and Gateway team.
• Deliver high-quality C code in a real-time embedded environment.
• Specify, design, and implement functionality and behaviors of embedded subsystems.
• Design the software architecture and firmware implementation on hardware through integration, test and high volume manufacturing.
• Hands-on hardware bringup, system debugging and code optimization.
• Make performance and optimization trade-offs to meet product requirements.
• Experience in embedded development in robotics, real-time controls, or system software with at least 3 years of professional working experience in these areas.
• Expertise in C, familiarity with MISRA C a plus.
• Fluent in software fundamentals including software design and maintainability.
• Experience with the embedded microprocessor tools.
• Controls software and algorithm development.
• Test driven development and familiarity with developer driven automated testing.
• Ability to collaborate and communicate complex technical concepts.
• Understanding of physics and basic principles is highly preferred.
• RTOS experience as well as HW fundamentals preferred.
• Linux kernel / platform SW experience is helpful.
• Experience with microprocessors, TI DSPs or NXP microcontrollers a plus.
• BS, MS or PhD in EE/CE/CS, or the equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability.
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.