The thermal software team is responsible for bringing new thermal management technologies to Tesla's vehicle products to optimize vehicle efficiency in wide range of climate conditions. The thermal software team is small, passionate, and fast moving. As a member of the team, you will be responsible for designing and maintaining user facing features, controls and diagnostics for cabin HVAC, refrigerant and coolant systems in all of Tesla’s vehicle products. Your software will be directly responsible for managing all heat/cooling loads in and out of the vehicle. Come join us to build the most robust and reliable embedded thermal systems using cutting edge software development tools and practices.
- Deliver high-quality C code in a real-time embedded environment.
- Specify, design, and implement functionality and behaviors of embedded subsystems.
- Use unit testing and software in the loop testing to ensure code quality
- Design the software architecture and firmware implementation on hardware through integration, test and high volume manufacturing.
- Hands-on hardware bring-up, system debugging and code optimization.
- Make performance and optimization trade-offs to meet product requirements.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or the equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability.
- 2+ years of experience in embedded development in robotics, real-time controls, or system software.
- Proficiency in C, familiarity with MISRA C a plus.
- Hands on experience in bringing up motors, actuators, and microcontrollers
- Hands-on experience working with serial communication protocols (CAN, LIN, SPI, I2C, etc.)
- Fluent in software fundamentals including software design and maintainability.
- Experience with the embedded microprocessor tools.
- Classical Controls knowledge is a plus
- Test driven development and familiarity with developer driven automated testing.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate complex technical concepts.
- Understanding of physics and basic principles is highly preferred.
- As a full time Tesla employee you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts