Tesla’s mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to
renewable energy. This isn’t just a slogan to us. We are building the largest
battery storage systems in the world. We are constantly expanding the
Supercharger network, the largest electric car charging network ever. We are
growing the largest fleets of residential solar, battery storage, and car
charging devices in many countries around the world. And we need your help!
The Tesla Energy Device Software team is looking for a
Frontend Engineer to build commissioning tools for these systems. Be it a
shipping container-sized Megapack battery at a power plant or a shoebox-sized
Wall Connector in a garage – our products need to be installed, configured, and
diagnosed. This requires elegant, reliable, and flexible user interfaces.
That’s where you and your frontend development skills come in! With your help,
we can make installing more renewable energy technology easier, faster, and
Our software stack is as diverse as our products. It
includes embedded and Linux-based systems, web and native apps, cloud services
and local IoT protocols. Pragmatism, willingness to dive into new codebases,
eagerness to work with stakeholders, and engineering leadership beyond just frontend
development are key strengths we expect you to bring to the table.
- Collaborate with product managers and
application engineers to formulate user stories and develop designs and
- Assist product managers and UX designers in
developing and implementing UI wireframes, mockups, and final implementations.
- Work together with other engineering teams to
- Develop modern UI applications for installation,
configuration, and diagnosis.
- Provide technical leadership and innovation to
improve developer productivity, product reliability, and overall system
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an
extremely fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Experience building applications for the web,
- Experience practicing test-driven development
with unit and functional tests.
- Experience with any of the following would be a
React, React Native)
- Modern internet protocols (websockets, mTLS,
gRPC, oauth, etc.)
- IoT protocols and environments
(HomeKit/Thread/CHIP, Arduino/Raspberry Pi, etc.)