Come join a small team of experts building the systems that
connect Tesla and our customers to their cars.
Companies have talked for years about the future of
"connected cars." At Tesla, we’re at the forefront of innovation by
providing a complete suite of rich backend services to our exponentially
growing fleets. Our team specialized in IoT communication and server-side
software. We're in charge of every remote interaction with the vehicles (remote
control, remote diagnostic, vehicle telemetry for self-learning Autopilot algorithm,
APIs for mobile apps, etc.). We constantly send over-the-air software updates
to deliver new features and improvements to our customers.
We are looking for a motivated software engineer specialized
in web services and distributed systems. You will be building a highly-scalable
platform that will deliver functionality to millions of Tesla devices and
- Architect, maintain and improve Tesla's
Connected Systems UI codebase. Build scalable, performant, maintainable and
- Design APIs in close cooperation with other
teams and stakeholders.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or a related field.
- 3+ years of strong web development experience
building highly-reliable, mission-critical software.
- Extensive experience with frontend and backend
development, with frequent production releases.
- Experience with Rails, React, ES6 and Webpack.
Nice to have
- Go and Kubernetes
- Deep knowledge of best practices, information
security, and API design principles.
- Experience with gathering and building
requirements from multiple stakeholders.