Glass Studio specialist will
work closely with design team on the manufacturing of prototype glass and
product development associated with advanced glass compositions and inner
The candidate will also work
on production of advance glass, tracking of quality and performance,
reliability, and collecting real world data associated with new products being
proposed for production. Candidate will work in Tesla design Studio location @3203
Jack Northrop Ave, Hawthorne Ca.
- Perform a wide variety of glass fabrication
tasks that include the following:
- Tooling fabrication for advanced glass
forming. This includes welding and shaping of stainless steel tooling and
also casting silica glass forms.
- Glass fabrication includes cutting, edging,
bending, tempering and lamination of glass. Application of advanced film
and coatings is advantageous.
- Training on glass working equipment to
include, CNC cutting, CNC edging, operating autoclave, optical inspection
equipment and quality inspection equipment.
- Experience in automotive mechanics
specifically disassembly of components associated with glass. Door glass
mechanisms, sunroof, windshield, and backlit assemblies.
- Fundamental knowledge of glass materials,
automotive test standards.
- Fundamental knowledge of any of the following
fields, including their manufacturing methods and respective failure
modes: polymers, composites, metallurgy, elastomers, glass, paints, electroplated
coatings, adhesives, woods and textiles, etc.
- Experience working with vendors and external
test labs. A broad list of contacts in the field of automotive materials
testing is highly desirable
- Experience working with hazardous materials,
with a willingness to exhibit and promote health and safety across the
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
in order to establish effective working relationships.
- An ability to effectively handle multiple
priorities, meet deadlines and manage time independently; must maintain
top level professional integrity and appearance throughout.
- Knowledge, understanding glass and composite
materials is advantageous.
- Leadership experience with a strong track
record of developing others is also highly desirable