a Graphic Designer in Tesla’s Beijing office, you will be responsible for the design
development of all visual brand communications. You will be part of the
team that creates and executes world-class graphic design and branding.
your considerable design experience and innovative thinking, you
will be tasked with working with the team in creating designs for visual brand communications,
but may also be called upon for other design tasks (photography, illustration,
etc.) based on your skillset. Our design team prides itself on being
multitalented and flexible, and we look for the same in our potential
candidates. Although you will report to the manager for Content Creation, who
is located in the Design Studio in California, you will work closely with
marketing and sales partners in Beijing and the broader APAC region.
- Develop and design assets for events,
communications, web, marketing, sales, products, and anything else that needs
graphic design work to communicate Tesla’s visual style in a creative way. This
can be anything from full-on campaigns from start-to-finish or unique one-off
- Some project will require you to work
with engineers, digital modelers, architects, and other professionals within
- Participate in cross-functional strategy,
timing, and process discussion as it pertains to brand communications.
- Work cross-functionally with designers of
- Work with suppliers to achieve our design
goals on any physical assets.
- Collaborate with the fabrication team to
complete prototypes when necessary.
- Occasionally participate in design
efforts outside of your area of expertise as necessity and as your own skillset
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Graphic
Design (or similar)
- At least three years experience as a
- Must be able to show a portfolio of work
that reflects creative thinking, broad range, and modern, minimalist taste.
- Beneficial to have in-depth technical knowledge
of product development as it relates to graphic design (such as printing, web
and mobile app development, etc)
- Excellent at creating and maintaining
cross-functional working relationships.
- Exceptional visual and oral communication
- Must be self-motivated and able to manage
multiple parallel-path projects.
- Demonstrated an ability to deliver
successful designs under tight timing constraints and provide examples of such
scenarios throughout career.