Tesla is looking for a skilled and motivated individual to
join the Policy Team to support its federal advocacy in Washington, DC. The
Policy Advisor, Federal Policy will work closely with Tesla’s product, engineering and
operations team to advance electric vehicle, autonomous vehicle solar energy
and battery storage policies. This person will be expected to spearhead
engagement with Congress and the Executive Branch related to autonomous
vehicles, supply chain procurement, workforce issues, international trade and
Location: Washington, DC
- Analyze, research and develop policies across a wide array
of legislative and regulatory issue areas, including but not limited to
autonomous vehicles, supply chain procurement, workforce issues, international
trade and permitting.
- Support the Federal Policy Lead by developing and
implementing strategies that advance Tesla’s mission across a range of
Congressional policymakers, stakeholders and non-traditional allies.
- Represent Tesla in Congress and in the executive branch and
build strong relationships with federal policymakers to accelerate the
deployment of electric vehicle, autonomous vehicle, solar energy and battery
- Proactively engage and build coalitions with technical
experts, industry associations, local and state authorities, and other key
- Ensure effective collaboration between Tesla’s Policy and
Business Development, Operations, and Engineering Teams on policy and
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience on Capitol Hill, the
Executive Branch or in federal advocacy.
- Strong relationships across an ideological spectrum.
- Familiarity with technologies including electric vehicles,
autonomous vehicles, solar energy and battery storage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the
ability to synthesize and clearly communicate technical information.
- Strong project management skills
- Highly energetic personality with an ability to function
autonomously in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field. Masters, Juris Doctor
or other advanced degree preferred.