Program Manager, Customer Education
||Operations & Business Support
Tesla’s products are constantly changing, evolving, and improving. In an effort to ensure that our Tesla owners enjoy all features of their vehicles, it is critical that they easily understand how to use their new Tesla. For our future customers, understanding the benefits and features of a Tesla vehicle is key to experiencing a Tesla for the first time. The Program Manager, Customer Education, on the Inventory Fleet and Retail Store Operations team, will be critical to driving product knowledge for our customers and improving enjoyment of our products for both existing and future Tesla customers.
In this role, you will accelerate customer loyalty by providing personalized engagement opportunities that leverage automation and gamification. You will also develop and manage virtual and in-store education solutions and curriculum. You will provide various mediums that allow our customers to learn via their preferred methodology while optimizing Tesla’s internal resources.
This role is based Fremont, California.
- Develop and drive the overall Tesla Customer Education strategy and curriculum and execute the roadmap for education sessions, digital development, and in-store events.
- Work cross functionally with multiple business partners to bring the Customer Education initiative to fruition. Partner with Product Knowledge, Video production, Content, Web, Digital Products, Field sales, and additional teams to build out content, gather feedback and operationalize this mission.
- Conduct video-based Customer Education Product Knowledge sessions and manage all related aspects of this program.
- Collaborate with our digital products team to drive improvement of or to create new relevant technology related to Product Knowledge or Customer Education.
- Spearhead and manage multiple customer education projects and ensure partners remain on track for project completion in the agreed upon timeline.
- Conduct customer interviews and focus groups and review related data to understand key content needs and gaps.
- Provide accurate and insightful analysis and reporting, presenting the data in a clear format for presentations and regular KPI reviews. Review data to learn about content gaps, evaluate if we are successfully meeting our customers’ needs, and understand where we need to iterate and improve. Communicate key metrics to leadership.
- Drive process optimization related to Customer Education and Production Knowledge to improve our customer experience and increase order conversion rates.
- Take on additional responsibilities as necessary when new business needs arise.
- Participate in department projects to improve systems or efficiencies.
- Minimum 3 years related project management, retail management, operations or customer support experience
- Proven ability to drive positive customer engagement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to form solid relationships cross-functionally and to motivate others to contribute towards multi-department projects
- Great problem-solving skills and strong ability to take initiative and be proactive
- Strong quantitative critical thinking skills and project management experience
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high degree of ambiguity and rapid change
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks based on demand despite changes in work scope or focus
- Open-minded, collaborative and team-oriented attitude with the ability to think outside the box for solutions to complex challenges
- Superior business judgement – ability to flex between big picture thinking, understand and distill complex ideas, and analyze data to drive strategic objectives
- Problem solver that is action-oriented with ability to look at problems in new ways
- Passion for Tesla’s products and belief in Tesla’s mission to accelerate the transition to sustainable energy
- Authorization to work in the US without sponsorship
As a full time Tesla employee you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
Back-up childcare and employee discounts