What to Expect
Tesla’s Mobile Robotics team designs and builds humanoid bi-pedal robots (Tesla Bot) to automate repetitive tasks and wheeled robots for manufacturing and autonomous logistics. The team joins mechanical, electrical, controls, software, and manufacturing engineering disciplines in a highly collaborative team.
What You’ll Do
- Robot modelling architecture
- Conceptual design of biped robots
- Accurate modeling of kinematic chains
- Abstraction and conversion of joint mechanisms into rigid body trees
- Physics/model representations of joints, limbs
- Design and support of new mechanism
- Measurement and matching of model and simulation
- Complex controls simplification for fast analysis
What You’ll Bring
- BS in Electrical
Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, or equivalent of
experience and evidence of exceptional abilities.
- 3+ years’
experience with controls system development, modeling, and implementation.
- Excellent background
in linear systems analysis, stability, and controller design.
- Creating dynamic
models of electrical, mechanical, and thermal systems.
understanding, and intuition for the physics of basic electric propulsion,
motion control systems, and heat transfer.
- Knowledge in control systems including, spring
loaded inverted pendulum, Zero Momentum Control, Model Predictive Control, Motor
- Modeling knowledge in inverse kinematics,
inverse/forward dynamics, impedance control, torque control, etc.
- Basic design of electric motors & power
electronics & control circuits.
- Familiar with gear reduction mechanisms
including: Planetary, Belt drives, Harmonics Drives, Magnetic Gears, etc.
- Strong mechanical skills, including design,
manufacturing limits, mechanical linkages, design for manufacturing
- Strong programming skills in Matlab/Simulink,
Python, C++, SQL, etc.
- Strong skills in CAD (CATIA, NX, Inventor,
Solid Works, etc.)