The Core Services team
works in the Linux ecosystem, building services & middleware to implements
scalable platform level infrastructure for features like IPC communication,
vehicle-to-backend communication, local data management, Multi-media systems, security
protocol definition and implementation, diagnostics, debugging and logging
systems, all within the infotainment system of vehicle. The Core Services team
also acts as the glue between the UI and vehicle system functionality inside
all Tesla vehicles. We build high
quality software which is key to a performant and secure infotainment system
that Tesla customers have come to know and trust.
- As a Core Services
Engineer, you’ll help design, develop and debug Linux middleware services which
run on the infotainment system of the vehicle.
- The systems
interact with the electronic control units (ECUs) on the vehicle, the UI layer
running on the infotainment system and the backend corporate network which our
vehicles are connect to.
implement new services that support new features in the vehicle, support the UI
team when implementing new features that require new or modified vehicle
functionality, design new services that improve performance or help all
engineers get their job done more efficiently.
years of professional software / middleware development experience.
years Embedded Linux development experience
- BS, or MS in EE/CE/CS, or the equivalent in experience with evidence of
with GO highly preferred
debugging and troubleshooting skills.
working in real-time embedded environments preferred.
with multi-threaded, concurrent, and asynchronous applications.
systems, queueing, and messaging experience a plus.
Along with competitive pay, this
position is eligible for benefits including:
- As a full-time Tesla employee, you will receive
full benefits from day 1 for you and your eligible dependents
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans (including infertility
and transgender coverage)
- 2 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending
- Company Paid HSA Contribution when enrolled in
the High Deductible Medical Plan with HSA
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and
- 401(k) match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and
other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Sick and Vacation
time (Flex Time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts
- Voluntary plans such as critical illness,
hospital indemnity, accident insurance, and pet insurance
- Voluntary Identity Theft and Legal Services plans
- Adoption and surrogacy benefits