Come join us in validating the nervous
system of robots on wheels. Our team is at the heart of Low voltage system.
Microcontrollers aka the brains in Tesla control over 500 interfaces involving
switches, sensors, cameras, and motors. We’re responsible for developing
software to communicate with and validate these microcontrollers. We seek a
highly motivated hands-on backend engineer for a position in this team focused on developing software frameworks
internally for hardware engineering team.
- Create, maintain, and expand design of Tesla’s internal
engineering tools related to harnesses, devices, vehicles and factory diagnostics
- Participate in next generation feature and tool
development, system architecture definition, end-to-end implementation from
early prototype to full release.
- Own and support existing tools by scaling them for use
across the entire engineering organization while maintaining reliability
- Write translators (APIs) between applications and
various internal and third-party design software packages
- Collaborate with engineers to formulate user stories
and develop designs and specifications.
- Confer and collaborate with cross functional teams,
hardware and software teams.
- Support bring up, validation, and development of new
hardware and systems.
programming skills with a solid foundation in data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency in
Python and pydata stack (numpy, scipy, pandas, flask)
building modern web applications using React/Redux or similar component-based
- UI and graphic
- Proficiency in
SQL relational databases and/or NoSQL databases
- K8S + Docker
deployment experience is a plus
firmware development and hardware interface experience is a plus
engineering skills with quantitative projects