The Update Systems teams builds and maintains the Linux services that perform the Over-the-Air (OTA) update of Tesla's vehicle and energy products spanning across both our customer and engineering fleets. In addition to infotainment and autopilot software updates, our systems orchestrate the update of a wide array of other components ranging from individual body controllers to navigation map data and video games. We work closely with several other teams to provide a fast, flexible, and reliable update platform to ensure Tesla products can improve quickly and deliver new experiences to our customers.
- Deliver high reliability C/Go code for updating firmware or software components on Linux hosts or attached peripherals.
- Work with a variety of teams to design, develop, and integrate new software update mechanisms and flow.
- Troubleshoot update issues and work closely with our validation teams to build testing infrastructure for more resilient systems.
- Analyze fleet update metrics to find potential issues and suggest improvements.
- BS, MS in EE/CE/CS, or the equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability.
- 2+ years experience working with and writing software for embedded Linux systems; experience with software/kernel updates a plus
- Proficiency in C/Go Programming
- Experience in Python/Perl/Bash Scripting
- Understanding of software code signing, authenticated encryption, or other cryptographic techniques for ensuring secure software deployment
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Network programming experience with a focus on any of the following: TFTP, HTTP(s), websockets, or integrating custom TCP/IP protocols
- Experience with serial, I2C, and SPI protocols a plus
Along with competitive pay, this position is eligible for benefits including:
- As a full-time Tesla employee, you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your eligible dependents
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans (including infertility and transgender coverage)
- 2 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company Paid HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Medical Plan with HSA
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k) match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Sick and Vacation time (Flex Time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts
- Voluntary plans such as critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, and pet insurance
- Voluntary Identity Theft and Legal Services plans
- Adoption and surrogacy benefits