The body controls firmware team is responsible for firmware, sensing, and controls of mechatronics systems in Tesla vehicles. These systems include falcon wing doors, seats, liftgates, windows, latches, wipers, mirrors, various sensing systems, interior and exterior lighting, and control of other small motors in the vehicle. The team is small, passionate, and fast moving.
Come join a team of deeply knowledgeable engineers that strive to build the most robust and reliable embedded systems using cutting edge software development tools and practices.
- Design exhaustive automated test cases that run in both software and hardware in the loop test fixtures.
- Collaborate with software, hardware, and integration engineers.
- Assist in the design of new test fixtures.
- Execute and maintain a suite of regression tests to sign off on software functionality for each release of vehicle software.
- Develop and maintain test infrastructure to automate test execution, result collection, and result analysis.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or proof of exceptional skills in related fields with practical software engineering experience
- Ability to develop tests from specifications
- Fluent in Python
- Experience writing self-documenting, reusable, and maintainable code
- Ability to collaborate on and communicate complex technical concepts
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics
- Experience using standard lab and test equipment (power supplies, electronic loads, oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, etc.)
- Experience using embedded data acquisition tools (National Instruments, PEAK-System, etc.)
- Understanding of revision control software (GIT, SVN, etc.)
- Understanding of continuous integration software (Jenkins, TeamCity, Travis CI, GitLab, etc.)
- Experience with CAN bus
- Experience with Rust
* * * * * * * * * * *
Along with competitive pay, this position is eligible
for benefits including:
- As a
full-time Tesla employee, you will receive full benefits from day 1 for
you and your eligible dependents
- Aetna PPO
and HSA plans (including infertility and transgender coverage)
- 2 medical
plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
& dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Medical Plan
paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
Assistance Program, Sick and Vacation time (Flex Time for salary
positions), and Paid Holidays
childcare and employee discounts
plans such as critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance,
and pet insurance
Identity Theft and Legal Services plans
and surrogacy benefits