Tesla START is an intensive 14-week training program that provides students across North America with the skills necessary for a successful career at Tesla and beyond. During the program, students develop technical expertise and earn certifications through in-class theory, hands-on labs and self-paced learning. This is a non-exempt position. Successful graduates of the program will have the opportunity to accept full-time employment at a Tesla Factory within 30 days of graduation.
- Assemble electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment for production.
- Execute technician tasks independently after initial instruction.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance (PM) and Corrective Maintenance (repairs) on the below industrial production and mechatronics equipment:
- Electrical systems ranging from 24 VDC to 480 VAC 3 phase
- Mechanical systems
- Conveyor Systems
- PLC and networks
This is a general job description and may not reflect the complete or exact job description and/or requirements of the position(s) for which you may be considered.
- High School Diploma or GED, and post-secondary trade education level (or equivalent military service experience) acceptable to Tesla.
- Must be at least 18 years of age. Attend and pass each training session with an 80% or higher GPA.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Must follow verbal and written instructions with attention to detail.
- Be able to work in a team-based environment and achieve goals with a "safety first" attitude.
- Demonstrate basic computer skills, including navigating web browsers and using standard applications like Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).