We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Supply Chain Manager to support our development teams and contract manufacturing
partners in the sourcing of Supply Chain components, equipment and services.
This person will manage Tesla’s OPEX spend across all Business Units (Motors,
Energy, Solar and Service) and will be a member of our Supply Chain
Organization supporting the development, implementation and management of
strategies to provide Tesla with optimal supply assurance, pricing,
flexibility, quality and delivery performance.
Tesla is a fast moving, dynamic environment where
flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success. The
successful candidate will be a self-starter; motivated with expert overall
Responsible for sourcing
material handling, maintenance, waste management, security services to support
the development, construction and operations of the new Tesla Gigafactory
- Analyze current spend and evaluate current
suppliers. Consolidate spend across supply base to create leverage, analyze
purchasing trends and develop sourcing alternatives. Identify new high
potential suppliers on global basis.
- Owner of RFI's, RFP's and RFQ's - ensuring all
commercial terms are agreed and documented.
- Negotiate NDA, SOW's and Master Purchase
Agreement are positioned appropriately before business is initiated.
- Evaluate and provide guidance on final selection
of suppliers; Perform value analysis for final selection of suppliers.
- Drive price negotiations processes to ensure
that Tesla’s commodity pricing are best in class.
- Drive continual cost reduction and avoidance
initiatives through ad hoc price negotiations.
- Address all areas of category management
including category business plans, global market and pricing analysis and
- Monitor current category market conditions,
technology roadmaps and identify supply/demand challenges & opportunities.
- Manage respective supplier relationships and
performance, including but not limited to dispute resolution.
- Develop key performance measures for chosen
suppliers and negotiate on multiple variables to award longer-term strategic
contracts that result in significant cost reduction and improved service
- Evaluate supplier business proposals and present
recommendations that will result in cost savings, avoidance or containment.
- Develop sourcing and negotiation strategies that
deliver against business objectives and achieves sustainable relationships with
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and
competitive positioning using industry cost models.
- and/or equivalent
experience or evidence of exceptional ability.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an
extremely fast-paced environment.
- roficient with Microsoft Windows and Office
applications, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- 2-3 years of related work experience in
Manufacturing Environment, Supply chain or Consulting
- Willingness to operate in a dynamic environment
- Ability to make quick decisions with 80%
- A knack for negotiations