Tesla is seeking a Technical Program Manager on the Core Automation team to be part of a world-class team of engineers that are responsible for designing and building the automation and robotic equipment at the Tesla factories. As a Technical Program Manager, you are responsible for managing projects from “cradle to grave”. This includes driving the design and implementation of automated equipment such as automated storage systems, robotics, automated case and pallet conveyance, automated guided vehicles, fixtures, etc. Program managers own driving the scope, schedule, implementation and cost of the project as well as additional functions such as vendor relations, stakeholder management and report outs.
· “Concept to completion” ownership of projects
· Work collaboratively with all engineering stakeholders (project engineering, industrial engineering, design, controls, software etc.) through the various stages of the project: Concept development, prototype testing, engineering design, system build, integration, and testing.
· Drive vendor partnership working closely with supply chain and purchasing team and ensure alignment on engineering requirements, scope, schedule and cost.
· Drive requirements and solutions with all internal stakeholders such as infrastructure, logistics, controls, software and manufacturing engineering teams for the success of the project.
· Own and drive internal operations during the install, commission, testing and integration phases of the project.
· Set goals, track deliverables, identify risk and drive mitigation's across all stages of the project.
· Own execution and completion of multiple projects, as needed.
· Continuously develop and adapt processes and methodologies to the team’s needs.
· Identify resource requirements and highlight gaps across various stages for all projects.
· Own report-outs for all projects, highlighting status, risks, mitigation's and opportunities across all levels of management within Tesla.
· Manage road-map of projects working within the framework of the overall program.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Experience in technical program or project management, ideally with multiple delivered projects of medium ($1-25M+) to large sized capital equipment systems.
· Experience developing processes and methodologies to suit specific engineering workflows desired.
· Knowledge of JIRA and diverse continuous integration workflows is a plus.