TPM, New Product Introduction is responsible for supporting the development of new processes and carrying out each trial exactly to the established product specification. This includes managing a program from early prototype builds to launch of the production line and volume ramp of a new product.
The primary role of the TPM New Product Introduction will be to test and validate systems and parts involved in product development and manufacturing in order to ensure products are of the highest quality. To support this, you will also establish validation standards, develop testing protocols, prepare equipment, document test results and maintain records. Additionally, you will identify, report, and adjust equipment or processes that require improvement and collaborate with design engineering, manufacturing engineering, quality, configuration management, production, safety, and service departments.
This role supports Gigafactory1 Programs in Sparks, NV.
- Lead and conduct manufacturing line trials for new products or processes
- Provide feedback to technical program manager and cross functional team members on issues, yield impact, or manufacturability associated with trial run.
- Conduct Trial Preparation: Ensure part availability, line readiness, and pre-requisite data obtained and consolidated
- Complete Trial Report: Document observations, analysis, and results, Make recommendations as needed and drive solutions. Record all issues found during trials and help drive to closure
- Manage Trial Recovery: Ensure manufacturing lines are validated and/or restored to prior condition post-trial(s). Evaluate the success of each trial (yield, downtime, cost, safety, etc.)
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) on trials to ensure proper validation procedures are followed
- Track all trial details in PCA tracking system for approvals
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering
- Skillful with electrical and computer-based tools, including precision measuring equipment, electrical test equipment, and computer databases
- Experience with semi-automated manufacturing equipment a plus
- Must be reliable, innovative, committed, and quality focused
- Understands and appropriately applies principles, procedures, requirements, and policies related to specialized projects
- Excellent written and verbal skills; Ability to communicate across cultures and geographic regions
- Ability to communicate and coordinate activities
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, occasionally requiring extended hours
- Can provide leadership and work closely with cross-functional departments
- Able to lift 30-50 pounds