Production Engineering-Equipment Engineer Battery, Modul, Pack (m/w/d), Battery Module/Pack - Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
||Berlin Gigafactory, Brandenburg
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
An Equipment Engineer in the Production Engineering team will be a part of operating, sustaining, and improving some of the most automated manufacturing equipment in the world. The best candidate for the position has a high aptitude to learn new skillsets in the position. The expectation is that an engineers will start with strengths in a given field (torch tooling) and then learn all other areas from those who work with them. This role requires capability across the board to sustain all parts of the automated equipment. The expectation is not that you arrive on day 1 with this capability, but that you have the aptitude and desire to learn all aspects of automation.
- Work collaboratively with design, product excellence, production operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Process Engineering, Maintenance and other cross functional teams as the expert to ensure production lines run in a safe, efficient manner producing high quality parts.
- Lead torch-equipment upgrades with a focus on serviceability, reliability and process capability.
- Responsible for continuous process optimization of automated lines
- Become owner / subject matter expert to drive torch-equipment-related process improvement including detailed troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Build training material, maintenance routines, service bulletins, and related documentation related to cradle to grave equipment life cycle management
- Interface process and test equipment with Tesla MES and production quality databases using Python scripting and SQL
- Develop and improve equipment validation procedures including calibration and qualification
- Identify equipment critical spare parts and ensure sufficient coverage to prevent extended downtime situations
- Provide hands-on support to maintenance team to troubleshoot and resolve extended downtime situations.
- Familiarity with SPC and development of equipment-related OCAPs
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Computer Engineering or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good overall computer skills with demonstrated ability in a programming language
- Structured problems solving methodologies (DMAIC, 8D, etc)
- Able to work under intense time pressure in the presence others
- Experience in automotive or high volume manufacturing is highly desired
- Willing to work days, afternoons, nights and weekends as determined by project needs
- Be committed to Tesla’s mission to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy
- Fluent in English or German